- A corporate and business entity that is helping to re-envision India’s socio-economic development story through initiatives that impact the lives of over 4.5 lakh people.
- Committed to ensuring that corporate social responsibility engagements are impactful, and result in sustainable change in the lives of our stakeholder communities.
The guiding principles of our CSR engagements focus on community, enabling clarity of CSR thinking across diverse circumstances:-
- Focus – on target groups that fall within our area of operation
- Sustainability – ensuring that impact is sustained beyond time-bound Cairn interventions
- Program themes – customized to the needs of a specific location and socio-economic environment as well as seizing the opportunity for business linkage
- Inclusivity – extending the coverage of intervention to all households in a specific location
- Community participation – create and/or facilitate platforms for active, participatory engagement with target groups and create a demand for services provided through the intervention
- Partnership with the government, to reach the widest possible number of beneficiaries
- Transparent mechanism of grievance redressal
Our education initiatives driven by strong partnerships focus on equal opportunities, access to, and quality of education for all children and young people.read more
India’s vast population spread across very often inaccessible areas suffers great healthcare injustices. We help catalyze health governance through supporting primary healthcare systems and through micro level interventions.read more
Cairn's initiatives in economic development are geared to create an environment conducive for generating income earning opportunities and tackling skills, training, job-worthiness and capacity building issues.read more
Infrastructure development/Renewable Resources
Infrastructure defines reach. Environmental challenges threaten the planet. Both have a history of conflict. Our approach to infrastructure development is preventive of danger and supportive of our fragile eco-system.read more
Key points of impact of our CSR initiatives on the population covered by Cairn interventions:-
Over 5,00,00 beneficiaries of our healthcare support interventions
- 10 Mobile Health Vans
- Community RO Plants
- Integrated Health care
Over 60 rural govt schools covered through our education initiatives
- Mobile Science Van
- Digital learning
Over 50,000 beneficiaries from the farming community, 10,000 young people and Approx. 345 local vendors impacted by some of our socio-economic development initiatives that include
- Dairy development
- Cairn Enterprise Centre (Read more here)
- Local vendor and community engagement cells
Our intervention programs are planned and implemented in partnership with organizations working in the field. Read more about our Partners here.
The business operations of Cairn India cover vast areas of Rajasthan, Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh. Of these three states, only Gujarat falls into the medium category of the Human Development Index rating. Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh are both low on human development. Through our CSR interventions we have made the endeavour to identify key socio-economic development priorities in these states and customize programs that address some of these priorities.
|State||Households (No.)||Villages (No.)||Districts (No.)|